TA Europe has a strong track record in Benelux and was delighted to support their trusted client La Française Real Estate Partners International on their first investment in the Netherlands. The ongoing popularity of Amsterdam commercial property confirmed by this positive transaction.
The Hollandia office building is situated in the City Centre of Amsterdam at a prime office location at the IJ river, within walking distance of Amsterdam Central Station. Built in 2007 the modern office building is located in a vibrant area in the core of central Amsterdam offering a magnificent view over the surrounding area and the waterfront.
The entire building is rented by the Dutch company Tom Tom, which is best known, amongst other products, for its innovative navigation systems. The ultra-modern and architecturally very attractive building, designed by the renowned Dutch architect Jo Coenen & Co Architecten, provides the company with roughly 9,947sqm of office space as well as excellent access to public transport.
TA Europe lined up an experienced team of local engineers and technical experts to cover all local specifics of the transaction. Our experienced Germany based technical Transaction Manager Sebastian Frohwann was the interface to our client, who collected all facts and results to ensure that all technical contributions are presented according to the client specific needs.
TA Europe provided the following services:
- Inspection of the existing building fabric incl. the technical building equipment and plausibility check of the building areas
- Data-room research; list of the documents that have been reviewed
- Examination of the as-built and revision documentation and comparison with the status quo of the building permit
- Indication of missing documentation and documentation that have to be procured (e.g. maintenance reports)
- Description of the risks that have been identified during the Technical Due Diligence
- Listing of the identified defects during the Technical Due Diligence and assessment of the repair and renovation costs in a CAPEX table
- Examination of the contamination and pollutant
- Detailed documentation on structural, technical, fire protection and environmental issues.
Our Managing Director Sebastian Frohwann comments: “Over the past years we advised La Francaise very successfully in various deals in Germany. Now we are proud to follow them on their way to Benelux and support their transactions with our broad project experience and our highly experienced local team.”