Montevideo, 10 March 2022 – A neat playground outside, surrounded by soft green grass. Immaculate white walls leading into a wide entrance hall. The sound of at least a dozen children’s voices in the background, chatting and humming. Would you have thought that we are in a school in Latin America – in Uruguay, to … Read more
Social Infrastructure is our definition of buildings and accommodations improving our common well-being, safety, security, activities and entertainment. These buildings predominantly are in public ownership, but also in private ownership or under private operation.
As PPP advisors, project and cost managers, TDD-providers or consultants our team has worked on a large number of social infrastructure projects in diverse sectors and countries. All projects have in common that there is a strong focus on cost efficiency, not only for the construction phase but also for the operation and maintenance phase. This is a big differentiator from pure private investments, which very often focus on high lease income and attractiveness only for the first 10 to 15 years, not taking into account the full life cycle.
TA Europe uses its broad experience with life cycle approach and costs to create, manage and monitor social infrastructure projects and buildings in the following sectors:
- Health (hospitals, old people homes, medical treatment centres)
- Security (prisons, police stations, retention centres)
- Military (accommodation, education, training, top secret areas, equipment)
- Education (kindergardens, schools, universities, special education institutions)
- Sports (stadia, swimming halls, sport halls, fitness centres)
- Entertainment (theatres, cinemas, convention centres)
- Government (Ministries, administration, parliaments)
- Science (research centres)
As in all other fields, we provide fundamental knowledge in all phases of the life cycle, know the markets, create maximum value and minimise risks. We work with selected experts in diverse disciplines and regions, to set up tailored teams for our clients and to deliver best possible results. A few examples:
- In Germany we created the first PPP barracks project, to help the German MoD minimise the necessary land use and maximise the efficiency of more than 25 departments living and working together.
- We helped banks and financial institutions to finance numerous social infrastructure projects all over Europe, such as prisons, schools, hospitals, accelerator centres (medical), barracks etc.
- The transaction of portfolios containing social infrastructure PPP-projects in three continents of the world was risk managed by members of our team to help our investor client to secure returns over the next 20 years from all these assets.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or requirements regarding social infrastructure, we will support and find the right partner and expert for you.
Our TA Europe 2020 Christmas donation goes to the charity Zeltschule (www.zeltschule.org). We want to support Syrian refugee children who lost all social infrastructure by enabling them to read, write and calculate. As technical advisors, we are well aware that the construction of schools is indispensable – as parents, we know how important learning is … Read more
Munich, April 6, 2020 – TA Europe advised the investor AviaRent Invest on their largest investment of the last ten years. The asset manager acquired care properties worth €185 million for the European Social Infrastructure (ESI I) fund, which it set up two years ago together with Primonial. TA Europe carried out the complete technical due … Read more
TA Europe attended the recent IPFA event in London aiming to understand more about the lessons learned from the bankruptcy of Carillion. In particular, the importance of the LTA’s scope was pointed out during this event. For instance, different courses of action can be implemented to provide banks with added value and additional security to … Read more
Written by Marijke Brijnaert, consultant at TA Europe TA Europe is a leading technical advisor in PPP projects and transactions. Its team members have developed the basic PPP standards for schools in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. TA Europe advises on PPP school projects in Uruguay, Germany, Luxembourg and Austria, including a number of portfolio … Read more
The pipeline in Belgium for DBFM projects is very promising. This type of funding via DBFM or design, build, finance and maintain, became more popular in Belgium since the realization of the largest social infrastructure DBFM in Europe, ‘Scholen van Morgen’. Resources for school infrastructure in Flanders have been lower than the needs of schools … Read more
TA Europe continues to monitor the PPP schools Cologne for the financing bank consortium. The city of Cologne has awarded the renovation and ongoing maintenance of Cologne schools in 2005 on the basis of a public-private partnership agreement (PPP model) to HOCHTIEF PPP Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG in Essen. The project has a total … Read more