TA Europe is a European boutique consultancy providing purchaser or vendor Technical Due Diligence (TDD) expertise in diverse real estate and infrastructure sectors. With many Partners and team members each having over 15 years key TDD experience, the team can also rely on a network of over 100 internal and external engineers, surveyors and specialists spread all over Europe to deliver Technical Due Diligence, tailored to our client’s needs.
Three Special Capabilities of TA Europe’s Technical Due Diligence Teams
- Mobilisation of TDD teams for single assets or larger pan-European portfolios at short notice and delivery of tailored results in diverse European languages, in line with the programme set out by our clients.
- Management of expert teams and driving them to deliver timely to the reporting needs of our clients. TA Europe’s transaction managers understand the language and needs of our investment clients and are capable of focusing and filtering the required information. In every commission, one member of TA Europe’s leadership team is single point of contact for the client.
- Promptly setting up and continually improving CAPEX and repair cost schedules using an extensive database of relevant costs and knowledge from previous deals and our technical asset management experience, which precisely meet the needs of the client team and their decision-making, throughout the whole transaction process.
Tailored TDDs to save Time and Fees
Some Investors and Vendors provide us with their standard scope of services, others ask us to provide our own service proposal. In both situations, we are able to focus on the appropriate and specific needs of our clients and the deal process, in the context of the time frame, available technical documentation, reference to previous TDDs or expert reports, the size and location of the site(s), options for property inspections, the setting up of the vendor/buyer team and other conditions of the planned transaction. This all enables us to offer tailored TDD options, which greatly assist the client to be provided with the relevant information faster, involve the right experts and enable potential savings in transaction costs in cases where ‘deal breakers’ occur.
The most common technical review form in an acquisition process will start with ‘Red Flag’ reporting, based on initial site visit(s) and documentation review, including the preparation of a draft 10-year CAPEX table. The ‘Red Flag’ report will be followed by a draft full report and a final report including a detailed CAPEX or repair cost table and all relevant information necessary to enable our client to complete the deal process and buy or sell the property.
TDD ‘Red Flag’
- Property visit and inspection
- Assessment of all technical and relevant documentation
- Initial risk assessment and broad estimation of costs
- Recommended action plan
- Presentation of findings including financial implications in a detailed table.
TDD Core Services
- Property visit and inspection
- Assessment of the quality of the building fabric and technology
- Assessment of technical documentation (statutory compliance, planning permits, fire protection, etc.)
- Determination of Capital Expenditure (CAPEX)
- Detailed presentation of risks including monetary valuation and risk ratings
- Recommendations for action
- Reporting tailored to your requirements
TDD Individual Services
- Fire protection assessments
- Sustainability / Green Building advice
- Maintenance and operating cost analysis
- Advice on expansion or alternative use options
- Appraisals for Tenant improvements or alterations
- Advisory on building contamination and pollutants
- Area plausibility check or measurement surveys
- Transaction management
- Post-acquisition technical asset management advice