Sustainability in the building and construction sector has always been an important topic for TA Europe –long before legal initiatives like the European Green Deal came into effect which prompt owners and investors to take action. No matter if the objective is to increase building value within the framework of a holistic Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy or to raise the asset’s attractivity through a green building certification, or even just to save running costs – TA Europe can advise and guide you accordingly.
We can also help you gather all the data you need to report the sustainability status of your portfolio and let stakeholders know about the Status quo of your portfolio, identify its risks of becoming obsolete via a Stranded Asset Check and even enhance the portfolio’s value by aligning it with current legal requirements.
With a finger on the pulse of recent developments and thorough knowledge about how the legal landscape is transforming, we can support you with our services:
Our ESG & Sustainability services in detail
- ESG Reporting / ESG Due Diligence:
The annual reporting of ESG activities and key figures is becoming increasingly important in the real estate industry. The EU taxonomy and the EU Disclosure Regulation for the financial sector also increase their relevance. In addition to that, the global real estate market allows active market participants less and less to act without positioning themselves on the topic of ESG. The Paris Climate Agreement and the EU Green Deal, as well as numerous resulting regulatory requirements for the industry, as well as new “industry standards” are putting pressure on market participants to position themselves.
These developments force the market to analyse their building stock.
We assist in assessing potential ESG risks in real estate transaction processes and establish an ESG action plan for your real estate portfolios.
We support you in the following areas:
- We offer strategic advice on ESG reporting for the real estate industry.
- TA Europe develops ESG strategies and initiates continuous improvement process on asset and fund level.
- We compile ESG reports on asset and portfolio level in the TA Europe standard format and complete ESG reports in the respective customer format
- Our own standardised tool also reflects the latest EU regulations (taxonomy and disclosure regulation) and is updated on a regular basis.
- Carbon Due Diligence:
The goals of the Paris Climate Agreement and the EU Green Deal are clear-climate neutrality by 2050. In addition, numerous countries have developed target paths towards climate neutrality. We examine how these deveolpments can be taken into account at portfolio and building level in the following ways:
- Determining the carbon footprint according to Scope 1, 2 and 3
- Comparison with the legal targets and political framework conditions
- Determination of the stranding risk for the portfolio and / or for the properties using the CRREM tool
- Development of a decarbonisation roadmap including energy efficiency strategy and identification of specific improvement measures and respective costs
- Detailed Energy Audit:
Considering the recent changes in legal requirements, increases in energy prices and respective risks, strong knowledge about the individual energy performance of assets and the optimization of the energy performance is becoming more and more relevant for property owners and investors.
With our team of engineers and MEP experts, we are able to provide the following services.
- In-depth analysis of the building‘s energy performance and
- Comparison of different improvement scenarios, modelling and forecasting different versions of the building‘s energy consumption
- Cost benefit analysis for the defined measures
- Consultancy services about energy classes and green building certification:
The demand for green building certificates for new and existing buildings remains high in the real estate industry. We support our clients with the common sustainability certifications across all types of use.
The TA Europe in-house team includes LEED Aps, LEED GAs and certified BREEAM assessors who have managed and led certification processes to achieve the highest level of certification. As a consultancy, TA Europe is also registered with BRE and licensed to provide BREEAM International certifications.
Our services include:
- Consulting regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the different green building certifications
- TA Europe carries out pre-checks according to BREEAM, LEED® or DGNB.
- We guide you through what you need to do in order to fulfil the requirements for the certificate of your choice and help you to achieve them.
- Coordination of the certification process during the course of the project and with the respective certification body.
- Consultancy services regarding state funding (BEG):
Investments in energy efficiency and net carbon zero activities are often cost intensive and there is big uncertainty about the actual payback period of these investments. Funding regulations are often complicated and difficult to access. TA Europe can guide you with the following services.
- We advise you regarding improvement measures and check whether your project is applicable for funding;
- We take over the whole application process and provide a proof of the correct use of the fundings for the authorities until the process is finalised.
TA Europe has a strong team of ESG and sustainability experts. All of our team members have an academic background in Sustainability and ESG and have relevant scientific and industry experience.
Dr Annika Neubauer has published several scientific papers in that field of work which underline the positive effect of sustainable constructions and provide proof for the monetary advantages of sustainable buildings.