Coping with increasing cost pressure and growing competition is critical for clinics these days – both for buildings in public ownership as well as those in private ownership or under private operation. All parties need to:
- ensure ongoing cost-controlling, especially when it comes to carrying out construction measures
- handle the complexity of construction projects adequately
- carry out required measures in a timely manner to stay ahead of competition; and
- ensure that clinic operator tenants under triple-net leases carry out all maintenance and servicing obligations to the property, as we find many operators repeatedly defer or reduce investment in the property over time, where they consider the landlord is not actively monitoring or controlling upkeep
While private investors often focus on high lease income and a duration of 10-15 years, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) need to consider the full life cycle of the properties. Yet there is room for improvement: In 2019, more than half of all German clinics did not reach their economic goals.
TA Europe has been advising private investors and operators in the clinics sector for many years. We have also acted as PPP advisors, project and cost managers, thereby taking into account the full life cycle – from the construction phase to operation and maintenance.
Our architects, MEP engineers and building surveyors have both the technical know-how and the sector-specific experience to support our clients and help them manage hospitals and clinics in the best possible way.
More specifically, TA Europe advises on:
- strategic reorientation, development of clinics and ensuring future competitiveness
- transferral of organisational requirements into construction guidelines
- cost evaluation, realisation modelling and cost modelling
- specific evaluation of (re-)construction measures against the background of maintenance budgeting and lease obligations for operators
To learn about how we can support you with your specific project or investment, please get in touch with us.